Conditions and Surgeries
A variety of orthopedic surgeries can truly transform your pet’s quality of life. Only a surgeon can determine which procedure is right for your dog or cat.
Common surgeries for cats and dogs include:
- Hip luxation
- Hip dysplasia
- Triple pelvic osteotomy (TPO)
- Diagnostic and surgical arthroscopy
- Stifle Injuries
- Medial patella luxation (MPL)
- Cranial cruciate ligament tear (ACL)
- Tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO)
- Cora based leveling osteotomy (CBLO)
- Tibial tuberosity transposition (TTA)
- Shoulder instability
- Bicipital tendonitis
- Elbow dysplasia
- Joint, pelvis and jaw fractures
- Long bone, radius and ulna fractures
- External skeletal fixators
- Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD)
Surgery is available on both a hospitalized or out-patient basis depending on the surgery performed, the home environment of the pet, and the capability of the owner to manage a pet during the immediate post-operative period.
Dr. Johnson and his staff have extensive training in a variety of pain management techniques available for animals. Each case is different and the aftercare is tailored to the individual pet.
Consult with us to determine the best treatment and recovery options for your pet.